Thursday, September 2, 2010

Thirsty Thursday

Welcome to the LAST Thirsty Thursday of the summer!! I will continue on with this weekly series so if any of you fellow bloggers have a special drink you like or want to share e-mail me, and I will add you to the list of contributors!



Today's recipe comes from Bar None Drinks, I thought this Idol Orange Fizz sounded like a refreshing tasty treat to round out the last few days of summer. The Vodka, from IDÔL is the only vodka made from small, hand-picked lots of noble Pinot Noir and Chardonnay grapes from Burgundy, France. It is a new product to me and one I am excited to try. I do like Vodka (I am 1/2 Czechoslovakian and 1/2 Irish) beer is also on the list of fave's along with a nice glass of wine or Champagne, alright, alright, our family likes to celebrate!

Enough about me, here is the recipe for what sounds delicious, I mean it does have orange juice in it, that makes it healthy right?

Idol Orange Fizz

Ingredients
1 1/2 oz. Ginger Ale
1 1/2 oz. Orange Juice
1/2 oz. Idol Vodka
1/2 oz. Orange Liqueur

Instructions
Rim a tall glass with cinnamon sugar. Build over ice and garnish with an orange wedge.



So cheers to a wonderful summer full of good friends, happy memories and LOTS of laughs, I hope you all did the same.

We're off to Wintergreen, VA with some friends for the weekend (one of the 5 weddings this fall is there and I'm helping the bride as event designer) so we're going to check out the venue, do a little hiking and perhaps some wedding crafting, stay tuned, I'll be back with some photos on Monday!

*Amy

Images from: here and here

1 comment:

  1. ooh this looks nice and refreshing! i'll have to try it soon

    ReplyDelete