Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thirsty Thursday

Today's recipe comes from this great website. They have a HUGE collection of fruit, yogurt, juice, ice cream and iced smoothies. Working outside often leaves me not wanting a ton of food, yes, good for my waistline, but not always great for my energy. When I'm TOO hot I don't want to eat a lot, so I turn to smoothies. I also use them when I'm done with workouts, a great way to get protein and repair your muscles quickly.

I thought this was the perfet time to use seasonal peaches, they are aplenty at farmer's markets all around the country, so pick some up and give this week's drink a shot!



Peach Smoothe Recipe
Ingredients:
1 large peach, sliced and unseeded
1/2 cup of peach yogurt
1/2 cup of whole milk
6 ice cubes

Directions:
Blend the peach slices with the ice cubes and milk first until slushy texture is formed. Then add the yogurt and blend for another minute on low setting. You may substitute fresh peaches with canned peaches with the syrup in this smoothie recipe.

Cheers!
*Amy

Image from: here

No comments:

Post a Comment