Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thirsty Thursday

Today's Thirsty Thursday installment comes from one of my favorite websites, SELF, being a fitness fan, I do get the magazine by mail, but I also check their website for new exercises when I get into a rut, great recipe's when I need a new snack or meal, and of course sometimes even beverage ideas, it IS summer after all! It was this tasty treat that caught my eye...

Watermelon Quencher



Lauren Purcell, deputy editor at SELF and coauthor of Cocktail Parties, Straight Up!, shared her recipe on their website and I thought it looked too yummy to pass up sharing.

As with many fruits and veggies, watermelon has lots of antioxidants especially lycopene (also found in tomatoes) which they say helps fight cancer. So if you're being health conscious, limit your drink to one to get the health benefits without adding any extra calories to your daily routine-or just bust out a little longer on your run to make up for it.

INGREDIENTS
2 oz fresh watermelon juice
1 oz vodka
1/2 oz triple sec
1/2 oz fresh lemon juice

PREPARATION
Combine ingredients in a shaker with ice and shake 10 to 15 times to chill. Pour, with ice, into a glass rimmed with a mixture of half sugar, half salt. Extra credit: Tint the sugar-salt mix with a couple of drops of red food coloring.

Will you try this one out? Do you have a recipe that you love and want to share? Email me and I'll put it up here.

Cheers,
*Amy

Image from: here

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! Thanks for sharing!!

    Eddie & Jaithan

    ReplyDelete