Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thirsty Thursday

This week I am planning ahead for my weekend. Some friends from work and I started a Mojito Night tradition after work on Sunday's last summer. Unfortunatley this summer we have all been too busy to resurrect it, SO this will be the first week back at it. I have devised a new summery version of our favorite drink, so read on and let me know if you'll join me in trying it!



Welcome to...
The Pineapple Mojito

This is for 2 servings

Ingredients:

6 oz. Pineapple flavored Rum (I personally use Mailbu)



4 oz. Lime juice (Again, I like Rose's, but I also LOVE fresh limes!)



1 can Sprite (This is my secret ingredient, so SHHHH)

16 Mint Leaves (Off our very own mint plant)

2 Slices of Pineapple (Plus 2 chunks for garnish)

3 cups Ice

Directions:
Peel & cut pineapple, or if you're lazy buy it canned (hey, it's a shortcut on the road to your cocktail time!)

In a shaker, combine mint, sliced pineapple and lime and muddle.

Add ice, rum and sprite, cover and shake, shake, shake, your booty, whoops, wrong song, but you get the jist.

Pour into bar glasses and garnish with pineapple chunks and perhaps a fun cocktail swizzle stick.



Think this might be the beverage for you? I will certainly post mine on Monday so you can see how they turned out!

Cheers,
*Amy

Images from: here, here, here and here

No comments:

Post a Comment