Monday, April 5, 2010

The Easter Bunny

These beautiful Grape Hyacinths welcomed me this morning as I hopped into my car, so I couldn't pass up putting their happy photo up!



We spent Easter at my parent's house. We are lucky that they live close by, so I baked these goodies:



A carrot cake with cream cheese frosting and walnuts in the middle layer. It was a HUGE hit!

Then there were these:





Vanilla cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting and toffee nests with Cadbury mini-eggs in them. I got the idea from Torie Jayne , I didn't make the cupcakes the same way, but I did make the toffee nests and they were awesome!

Then of course my talented mom had to upstage me (just kidding) with this awesome Bunny Cake:



My mom used to make this cake for Kathy and I when we were young and we LOVED it. Okay, we STILL love it. And we have cousins that are young (7 and 10) so they loved the bunny cake too. Perhaps now we know where I got my crafty genes from??

No comments:

Post a Comment