Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend

Happy Monday!  I hope everyone had a safe, happy Easter.  My parents live about 9 miles from us, so we trekked on over there on Sunday to celebrate with them and a big group of friends (12 of us total!)  The menu was amazing as usual:

Honeybaked Ham, Turkey, Pineapple Casserole, Asparagus, Paska Bread, Potato Casserole, Corn Souffle, all of which were delicious and of course I was bad and didn't take any photos...

I did however remember to take a photo of the flowers I did for the kitchen table, aka-the dessert buffet!
Yellow Tulips, Orange & Yellow Parrott Tulips, White Dogwood & Purple Wisteria
Here's my carrott cake in the background, it was a BIG hit again this year.  YUM! 

Friday my mom, sis and I had a baking day and then frosted these cuties.  Bunnies, carrotts and flowers. 
It was our first foray into color-flow frosting. WOW, what a lot of work! But dang if they didn't look adorable! And tasted pretty good too!
Have you attempted color flow?  Any amazing secrets?
How was your weekend?

*Amy

1 comment:

  1. Amy- What beautiful cookies! How could you even eat them! I'm very impressed.

    Loretta

    p.s. So glad to have found your beautiful blog! Landscapes always captivate me.

    ReplyDelete