Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thankful

Wow, I did not intend to be gone from blogging for so long, turns out my "cold" was bronchitis and I was put on bed rest for several days.  You would think I'd be all inspired to blog and even get some extra posts together right?  I wish!  I was so tired all I did was sleep and cough, oh and host 9 family members for Thanksgiving :)

Even feeling under the weather, I managed to whip up some flowers for our Thanksgiving day table, I can't pass up an opportunity to do some beautiful flowers for family and friends.  I dropped one off at a girlfriends house for her table as well.  Spreading a little bit of happiness to those we're thankful for is what this season's all about!
I like to clean all the stems, removing leaves, thorns, etc. and lay each flower in a pile so I can just grab and go!  My pruners are amazing, I have a pair with me all the time, no kidding, they're in my car right now :) 
Here's the finished product, yellow sunflowers, babe orange spray roses, purple delphinium, purple statice, green hydrangea, one yellow lemon and two mini-crab apples, finished off with some salal leaves. 
I took a walk Thanksgiving morning to hunt for pine cones for the table and wrote out each guests name on a piece of orange construction paper (supposed to be leaves) as individual place cards. 
Here was the table before the pine cone place cards and wineglasses.
Mmm, Turkey in the oven!!  He was a DELICIOUS bird!  Thanks Kath!
Our pie selection, apple, pumpkin and pecan, all were good, but the pecan was my fave!

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday with family and friends.  I am back in action now and will be posting regularly!  So please say hi!  I am thankful to have fellow bloggers!

*Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment